Saturday, December 2, 2017

HOW TO: INEXPENSIVE FESTIVE SUITE


'Tis the season, guys! Starting this weekend, I'll be posting a series of how-tos to decorating your SD  suite in a simple yet very festive way - without having to use Bazaar Search.
I want to open it with a guide to making a room Santa-ready without going completely broke. On Stardoll, it's very - very - hard to find what you want ~because Bazaar Search~, and when the season hits, it is completely possible to see an ornament costing $30, not speaking about cute trees or Heavy Snowfall.

So we're starting with a clear room. Thanks to the recent CP, we can buy an extremely decent Fin de Siecle interior that does 60% of work for us for a relatively modest $18 (circa $20 for non-royalty). There's also a nice Museum Room for less than 190scs. I'm picking the CP room, but the final result will be shown with both.


I'm also picking some seating. I love armchairs, they go perfectly with the fireplace in the interior I got. Sadly, there's NO decent starcoin armchairs (when it comes to that classy Xmas style), so here are the three stardollar options I liked (all pics in the post are clickable):

 Next is the Christmas tree. I'm assuming we're not going to spend tons on it, and there are no nice trees in Plaza right now (I suggest just waiting for them), so my option is the $7 Winter Peak branch. I thing the moss wall is also a good idea, and you can also add log of wood. There technically is a starcoin tree, but its blue colour doesn't go well with my room.


There are probably tons of stuff in your storage that you might decorate your tree (or 'tree' lol) with, but there are some budget-friendly Plaza options:
And you can always rely on candles if you want to create that nice and cozy vibe. They're generally cheap, starcoin or both.
Add some textile like a fluffy or vintage rug (mine's Winter Peak, but there are other options including CP's one) and some pillows.

I also used Calendar gifts - hurry, they're about to disappear! As a tree topper I used the only 'golden' star I could find in Plaza, so I'd suggest replacing it with fashion or storage items. Add a garland (Kitsch, $13) And fill the space above the fireplace with some pics. I liked these (if you, like me, do not celebrate Christmas in December, you can always put New-Year related items like this countdown thing from PopShop):
...and voila! You have a relatively inexpensive Christmas room.
The blue version looks a little weird, and that's ok. You can reduce warmer shades and replace gold with silver. I'd also add a some lighting and maybe wall frames.


So, the most expensive option cost me $58+circa 1000 starcoins. The least expensive would be around 900 starcoins + $29 (we're switching the interior and the armchair and leaving one pic one the wall, but I'm not getting caught dead celebrating Xmas without the garland lmao). Considering you can replace almost everything with the stuff you already have in your storage, it's getting even cheaper.

What are your thoughts? What would your cheapish room option look like? 
What kind of room do you want me to make next time?
Share:

No comments

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig