Monday, April 26, 2010

Hey, Popular! / by writemarycat


Hello! :) My name is Mary, and you might know me by writemarycat on Stardoll. First, I would like to tell you more about myself, and then I will give you some tips on making it to the top of the Social Ladder of Stardoll.

This is me :)



I am a 17 years old Fashion Photographer (not a professional yet, but you can view some of my works on my blog from Lviv, Ukraine. It's Europe *hint* :)

Here are a few from a previous shoot.
Model: Irene von Dutch
Style: Irene von Dutch , Mary Semenchenko
Clothes: Victoria Selezniova, private stuff of Mary and Irene
Make Up: Mary Semenchenko
Photographer: Mary Semenchenko
And this one is one of my favorites. Make up, style, photographs - me. Model - Ann M.
Of course, I love fashion and I want to merge my whole life with that industry, no matter how rough it is. I am a dreamer, and I am sure that everything I want in the world I can get, if I really want it. That's how the life goes,  and if you won't believe in yourself, no one will. I write more about it here, if you're interested.

But back to black, most of you know my shy persona by the project, named "Eternity Magazine" and all the drama around me. Not a surprise a lot of people dislike me, because sometimes I really do notorious decisions to protect myself from haters. You can call me whatever, but I doubt I'll pay attention on rude people, who don't know me at all.

So, how did I got this all popularity? Paragraphs always work:

- Agree on the rules.
Social ladder is something you'll never change, you need to bear with. It was on since the very beginning of the World and until now, so just accept that Elites and Wannabes and Haters and all the other levels exist. Life is a game. You always start from a little and the get higher. Remember computer game "Need For Speed"? Well, you had a bad car, and when you're on the final of the game and you've made so much races, you have some Porsche Carrera GT. Same on Stardoll, same with life.
- I was... bored. 
The decision to make a good-old Eternity magazine came to me 1st of April, 2008. What a nice date, huh? :D It came to me because I was bored to hell and wanted to do something. I am always inspired to do new project, so that time my inspiration went that high, that I've made my first E mag issue without team for... 8 hours. At night. It was my first time using Photoshop ever, as well as blogger.com. And you complain that you can't do it alone, and "please, make graphics for me".
- Improvement.
Of course, my graphics were very plain, (a little tip for the beginners: forget about blur :P) but I tried and I learned basics, I had tons of PS tutorials on my bookmarks, and I just sat and... did it, I had no idea to give up that easy. I was doing it, even if I never knew a lot about what I was doing. Just trying buttons, I learned all what I know now myself. If you won't work hard enough, you won't get anything!
- Team & Connections. 
Friend the right people. Everyone knows it, on the road on top, you need the right contacts.
I was friends with a lot of "simple" people, not "elites" then, but we teamed up and made the magazine better with every issue! Don't go through this work alone, take the most talented and reliable people you know and make it better and faster, together. Also, you need to have some people from the media to get...
- Advertisement. 
In my mind I still thank a girl named Marie aka babii-mariex on Stardoll. She was the first one to help me with ads, when she came up to me telling I was good at making E, and told me she will promote it in her two big clubs if I am helping her with something I don't really remember. Just remember us being great friends after that.
Still, you need to ask. All the time. Every single media "hole" is your ticket way up. I asked a lot of people to feature us. Perez refused to do it twice. But third time it was my ticket :) Advertisement is an engine of sales! Remember that. Even if your project is not that good, you can be on top.
- Think About Publicity. 
Well, let's face it. A lot of things I was doing , I've done on the purpose. A lot of people get worried when they are in feuds with someone, I only get cool and relax. I don't regret any drama of mines, because each of it made me more famous. So, when you have juice to split, do it gently and carefully, so you will win the thing.
- Don't Give Up 
And don't stop trying. Once you failed, twice you failed... but there will be time when you will fly upon the sky :)


I think I am done with telling you some (only some ;) tips on getting famous. As you understand, that's not about how to built a magazine, please consider any project under this statements! You can be famous for your friendly attitude, sense of style, projects. But the thing I'll ask you is to stay who you are, and be never ashamed of yourself. Don't change for some people, they are not worth it. Don't copy anyone.
Probably, that's the main key to success.

Thank you for reading!
You can add me as a friend on Stardoll or Skype (just ask for my Skype username) or if you want to get your project or yourself on top, just try my new "child" - Fashion Group. Here you can apply for some Fashion projects, including Eternity Magazine, or have your own one!

Have Fun! :)

Thanks to Smoothielove for the banner!
Share:

55 comments

Samantha Tyler said...

I really like your pictures !

Melissakuh said...

I love you, Mary! Haha
But these are really great tips and you are right about everything. Thanks for sharing this with us! ;)

MadWorld said...

Woo Mary :D

Miss_LolitaF said...

:D

Imagica Vasia said...

You gotta love Mary ;P

Lillyandmile/Lilly said...

go mary! :)
great post! x

Blahm3 said...

Nice post i love your work and your really pretty :) x

our-stardoll-fashion.blogspot.com

Anónimo said...

wow! u're a great artist! keep the great job!

Mihaela said...

Great post :DD

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos.


Toxic_Candy_

dieBrInI06 said...

Wow, cool pics:-)

Ooglefish said...

Very good article, found it really interesting. Hope you continue to succeed in all that you do - i wish you all the luck in the future!

Evita.Sweet said...

I love your pictures, and you are pretty :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post very much, thank you for that :D
So many good sentences that we all need to remember for the rest of our lives, I really think that in this article we can find different advice for being great in real life as well :) At least I did :P

Anonymous said...

oh, and one more thing really cool pictures !

FatimaaaaaL said...

WOW!! Is that really You? Your shots are amazing!!!

XxX~KUTE_FATI

whitney333 said...

Wow,your great :)))

bobdude123 said...

Wow!!! You are obviously very talented with the cera but you are also very good with your words! Great advice;)

Unknown said...

I like your pictures ;D

l0nelly said...

u r cool

:)

cheerleader2648 said...

LOVE your post mary, I will take your advice, thanks:)

Dei said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirbybabey said...

Your so beautiful, inside and out :D x

smoothielove said...

Mary, you're not just another stardoll-girl, that's one thing that's true =) Loved your post & I'm glad you used the banner I made!

xoxo Molly

MissLotsaSmiles said...

Wow Mary you're very pretty (:

Baya Nikolas said...

You go Mary!!
Loved your post!!

Maddy/maddy65 said...

Nice post/ tips :)

~Saku~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nicole24-7 said...

I love your photography, the outfits for them and the makeup haha :)
It's funny how eternity became so big just because you got bored one night :p

Ps. Irene is so adorable haha :)

~Saku~ said...

Nice post. Who made that dress you're wearing? It's very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Yeah :)
Love your works Mary!

Heidi said...

Mary! always so right, but you forgot to mention smthg about you! A very very important one!
That you're so hilarious!
Btw you look so beautifull on the picture, and ur photoshoots are ART!
xx
your H!

Someone said...

Well, im not going to lie .. i've been always a great fan of you and everything you do and write that sometimes it leads me to buy a piece on stardoll just because you made it so well..am just going to thank you again for an article like that one.
but i have a single questions , is it all about popularity .. i've never thought life is better with popularity i even remmember myself so popular in school which i didn't even enjoy it that much and now when im just a normal guy and dont feel any change.. for me it's better like that.

"I don't regret any drama of mines, because each of it made me more famous."

and that quote is the one am talking about .. don't you feel ashamed of it?!

NO OFFENSE

Chicago3 said...

Wow, great pics and interview type thing! I love this series things and glad to know a bit about you! (Don't worry, I am not a stalker)

Emorox4eva/Jenna said...

Wow Mary, you are truly very talented. I love your photoshoots. I am sure you will be successful in that field in no time.

jamie793 said...

You're very pretty! And a very good photographer(:
Quite a nice post..

Wenqi said...

wow i really love ur pictures! ur an awsome photographer!

lady__gagaa said...

wow, great pictures, you are very talented :] and the tips were great, no matter i don't want to become "famous"...

lady__gagaa

Mary said...

2Saku: It was sewed for me for one event by a designer from my city

2Amro: This post was all about me being honest with you, a lot of people ask how to be popular here, and I literally answer. That is that thing that worked, so why wouldn't I share? Yes, sounds probably vain/rude/awful, but I don't lie to you.
As for myself, I am not that popularity centered. I actually never dreamed of it , and I think that's why I got it like that. In real life I prefer to be noticed, well because I always do - by my looks, and attitude, and everything, but mostly I am a "backstage girl". I love to rule the process in disguise.


2Everyone: Thanks so much! You guys are so welcoming, so I wanted to stay on this blog forever haha! :D
Next posts are going to be about Fashion. You ready? :)

Someone said...

Thanks for answering truthfuly , you're really talented and even stunning in your way of writing ;P i love that model photoshoot the makeup is WONDERFUL..

Pandora J ♥ said...

Amazing post! The tips are great! I really enjoyed reading your post

dl.eclipse

RihannyX said...

I love this post!
And i love your pictures!
Thanks for sharing your tips, they're great.
You're a great writer.

Katarina aka Dimitsuri said...

ха-ха, да насчет блюра правильно подметила(:

u right about "blur" things (:

wish u good luck in ur photograph skills.

~Saku~ said...

Wow the dress looks amazing then.

Unknown said...

WoW, I really love your work! Those pictures look totally awesome! My fav is the 3rd one! Love it!
And thank you so much for some tips :P

Ruth said...

Hi Mary [: Welcome [:

I just love those pictures, make-up looks perfect [:
You are great photograph [:

Rab92 said...

I Didn`t Know You Were A Photographer, It Just Shows You Learn Something New Everyday!
Some Of Your Photos Really Are Nice.

Rab92.

L said...

Львов
Интерестно...;D

Lettie97 said...

Welcome :]

Sierra Lang (iswim19) said...

Oh wow Mary - you're extremely talented! Whoo!

Lea said...

I like ur job..amazing girl..

Anonymous said...

Omg.
I really like you! :D
I'm sooo jealous.

xoxo
Bente (Benteliv from sd)

Tinkerbells -- Ada said...

Loving ur pictures!! :D

No-one in particular said...

Great photos! ;D

_funnyprincess_ said...

Love your photos. The makeup is great! :)
Can't wait to see your first post.

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig