Sunday, May 12, 2019

Cycle: Task 4 - Food Combo



Hi y’all!

You can find your scores as well as the results from the polling below in this spreadsheet:


I’m a little torn as to if I should eliminate anyone this week. I like to be 100% honest with everyone. Some of the judges were a little confused as to the due date of the task and grading and others have been busy this past week. Only me and Rachel (ChicTaylor1989) were able to complete feedback and grading. I know that only having 2 people is not the fairest of grading but next time we should have more! To compromise, no one will be eliminated this week HOWEVER next week instead of eliminating just 2, 4 people will be eliminated.

Those that know me, know that I love food! This week’s task, you must pick one of the food/flavor combos below and style two outfits based around it:

-Peanut Butter & Jelly
-Bacon & Eggs
-Apples & Oranges
-Salt & Pepper
-Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
-Peanut Butter & Chocolate
-Lime & Coconut
-Mango & Lime
-Peas & Carrots
-Coke & Peanuts
-Chocolate & Strawberries



You must create 2 different outfits. You can choose to mix the colors in each outfits or do monochromatic looks for each. You must state what combo you choose. You are allowed to include colors outside of the combos but be sure to keep it at a minimum.

Here are my outfits for the Peanut Butter & Jelly combo. Notice I tried making two outfits including the main colors of purple/maroon and beige/brown. I tried hard to just stick to these colors and make sure they were evenly distributed throughout the outfit. To elevate each of the outfits, I tried layering bags and adding jewelry. Notice my outfits do not match with one another. Also notice that the first outfit includes the traditional purple and brown that you would see in  Peanut Butter and Jelly but that the second’s tones are a little off. This is fine as the colors still are close to primary ones.


Grading: 10 points for outfit 1. 10 points for outfit 2. 5 points for following the instructions. 5 points for sticking to the colors in your combo.

When grading myself I’d give myself 8 points for the first one because the purples don’t match fully with one another. For the second outfit I’d also give an 8. Although the colors go nicely together, the outfit doesn’t seem fully complete. Even the colors aren’t exactly the same, it was creative to use different shades.  Lastly, 5 points for following the instructions and 5 points for sticking with the colors.

Questions judges will ask themselves include: Is this outfit cohesive colorwise and piece wise? Is it clear that the colors found in the ‘food/flavor’ combo are present in the outfits? Did this person step outside of the box and their comfort zone?

This task will be due next Saturday, May 18th at 11:59PM EST, giving you a full week to complete the task.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask either one of the judges or ask below!

-Alex

Share:

No comments

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig