Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Interview with Ana Blum (Aura.)



This week's featured chat member is a relative newcomer to our blog, Ana Blum. She has continually wowed us with her amazing graphic skills and creative outfits. I mean look at the creation she put together for our interview!. Check out her instagram @thedepressedblonde for more of her stunning work and some major inspiration.

Q: What is your name/what would you like us to call you?
A: Anastasia, but I like Ana better

Q: How old are you?
A: I'm 22 years old.

Q: Where are you from?
A: I was born in Latvia, in an Estonian-Russian family.

Q: Profession/area of study?
A: I studied Art History at a university for two years, but realized it was not my cup of tea and since then decided to keep anything art-related a hobby. I worked several jobs since then to pay off my debt and now I'm considering going back for a more down-to-earth degree.

Q: What is your eye/hair color irl?
A: I have blue/grey eyes and blonde hair.

Q: Who is your favorite fashion designer?
A: Alessandro Michele, Anthony Vaccarello and Phoebe Philo

Q: What is your favorite recent collection?
A: Gucci and Saint Laurent. I've become a huge fan of Saint Laurent recently and get a lot of inspiration from these collections.

Saint Laurent AW 2019 and Gucci AW 2019

Saint Laurent SS 2019


Q: Where do you get inspiration for your looks?
A: From fashion shows, mostly. From 90s supermodel style. From street fashion.

Q: Are you artistic in other aspects of your life?
A: Inevitably, yes. :) I attended art school as a kid, so art is a huge part of my life. I draw and paint to this day and I started doing Stardoll graphics. I also redecorated the I live in rn.

Q: Do you have any collections on SD?
A: I collect rare unusual clothes, there's no particular theme to it :) Oh and just a few days ago, I decided to collect Chanel.

Q: What are your favorite movies/tv shows/music/books?
A: My two all-time favorite directors are Quentin Tarantino and Wes Anderson. I love their very distinctive visuals and twisted humour.
My favorite tv shows are Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad, absolutely love them. I also love Friends, Scrubs, The Office, House, Stranger Things-there's too many to name! I have just started watching Supernatural.
I listen to all kinds of music: The Rolling Stones, Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Manson, Lana Del Rey are on heavy rotation on my iPhone :)
As for books, I love horror stories by Poe and Lovecraft, novels by Balzac and Dostoevsky and I still enjoy adventure fiction by Verne and London. At this time of year I often re-read Alexander Grin's novels, he wrote a lot about sea, adventures and love :)


Q: What are your favorite foods?
A: Goulash and gumbo. Basically, a broth with good stuff in it-delicious and keeps you going for 

Q: What are you interested in that most people haven't heard of?
A: I love yachts. It's not something most people haven't heard of, but it's still quite an unusual hobby, I guess. My grandad has a motor yacht, the kind you can live in and go on a cruise. So, I spent most of my summer vacations in a marina and once sailed the Adriatic Sea as a part of the crew in my teens.

Q: How would people irl describe your personality?
A: Quiet and reserved, probably supercilious. Those, who get to know me better, say I'm funny, thoughtful and imaginative, a hopeless romantic, who tries to hide it with sarcastic (sometimes so-bad-it's-funny) jokes.

Q: Who do you most admire?
A: My dad. He's an entrepreneur, a fighter and just an amazing person with endless amounts of energy. I want to be like him so much.

Q: Where is the next place on your travel bucket list and why?
A: New Orleans. I'm dying to see Mardi Gras and try local cuisine!

Q: If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
A: Buy an old mansion with a greenhouse.

Q: If you could go back to any time in history, where would you go?
A: I would so go back to the Roaring 20s in New York.

Q: What is the first career you dreamed of having when you were a kid?
A: Funnily enough, I've always wanted an artsy job like fashion designer or interior decorator. Second choice was astronaut.

Q: Fun fact we don't know about you?
A: It's more weird than funny, I have tons of outerwear irl. Trench coats, parkas, bombers, belt coats, leather and fur jackets, sweaters-I love to wrap myself up in something cozy and cute :)

She also has some breathtakingly beautiful rooms in her suite:


Thank you Ana for the interview!

Share:

No comments

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig