Tuesday, December 13, 2016

SECRET SANTA SIGN UP

So first, I want to apologize to those of you who don't celebrate Christmas. I tend to focus on the holidays that I celebrate, but no disrespect is intended to those of you who celebrate other holidays! Please participate right a long with us and if you have ideas for any of the holidays that you celebrate, feel free to contact me and I will definitely consider it! 😊

Alrighty then..... I told you we would do a few things to celebrate for Christmas!

The first thing I would love to do is a Secret Santa. In PA, we do something similar without the secrets, but we call it a Pollyanna! I see a lot of different names for it in chat.

Austria - Engerl, Bengerl
Germany - Wichteln
Spain - Amigo Invisible


What is a Secret Santa Gift Exchange?
One of the more popular holiday games, Secret Santa is a fun and easy way for a group to exchange gifts.

The basic concept of the Secret Santa game is simple. All of the participants’ names are placed into a hat, box, etc. and mixed up. Each person then chooses one name from the box, but doesn't tell anyone which name was picked. He/she is now responsible for buying a gift for the person selected.

Normally, when the Secret Santa wraps his/her gift, he/she should label it with the recipient's name but doesn't indicate whom the present is from. All the gifts are then placed in a general area for opening at a designated time. When the gift-giving time arrives, each recipient finds his/her gift and must guess who their Secret Santa is. If they can't guess, their Secret Santa eventually confesses. Since we are on a virtual site, obviously this part is not possible. 

We will do it a little differently in that each of you will draw/spin a name from our wheel/hat (not sure which yet) and gift that person on Christmas.

Beforehand, each of you will have the opportunity to guess who pulled your name. If you guess correctly you will get a bonus gift from me on Christmas!

Gifters can choose from the giftee's WL or choose something themselves. You can give 1 gift or many as long as it does not go over our maximum amount.

I think a good amount is $50sd for a max, but we can discuss in comments.

Many having mentioned having a starcoin version for NS or people with not a lot of stardollars and I think that's a great idea.

Please state in comments which version you want to be included in. You can do 1 or both.

secretsanta.com

It's just a fun way to give out presents on Christmas and unite us as a community, so I thought I would try it here and see who would be interested.

Sign up in comments if you would like to be a part of it.

Feel free to make suggestions in comments for max spending amounts etc

I will make another post once I know if we have enough interest.
Share:

No comments

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig