Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fancy Talks With Mary - 'How to: Make Up'

 
Hey, beautiful! Today, I am going to tell you something more about Make Up. A lot of girls is my school make it awful: have you ever had a girlfriend, whose foundation looked as if she applied her with mixer without a mirror? You can see spots of cream on her face and stuff - agree, it's not cool. Better not to use any make up, than use it like that! Right? So, right now I am going to tell you some little tips so your make up will only help you, not make you ugly. I don't have live images made by myself, so read slowly :) 

At first, remember: it's not the same way you usually do. You go concealer, tone then powder. Well, it's different apply form.

- Base. 
To start off, apply the Under Makeup Base, if you have it. I know a lot of teens don't, well, next time when you buy yourself cosmetics - first think of basic things,then lipsticks and eyeshadows. But still, if you don't have a base, you can take a hydrating creme you usually use to after cleaning your skin. Don't make the skin too 'wet', because then your make up will swim away, haha. Wait 2-3 min. before applying next step.
- Foundation.
Don't be in a hurry to apply a lot and all. Do it using the sponge applicator. just paste a bit of foundation on it, and apply as if it was a fast music beat - not like a creme, see my point? Just like scattering. Do everything fast and careful, so you won't get spots. You have to get a thin layer of foundation in the final.
- Concealer. 
That's actually the main part in making your skin perfect. 
As I don't have any real life images, I'll use my Stardoll doll. 
So, first thing: perfect thing is having a concealer of 3 colors: Dark, Middle, Light. Like this, for sample: 


These are E.Funkhouser NY. That's better than stick concealer, but you can use stick too. So, you take your concealer and/or foundation brush (I use these ones:)


And put them to the dark concealer. Now, here's where the interesting thing starts: you need to paint yourself, as if your face was just a piece of paper. So, apply some dark concealer on these part of your face:


See, you need to "draw" the whines so your face looks more architectural. Please, be simply careful and remember that less is the new more :) Also, see the areas near the nose? Well, you'll make your nose look thinner if you apply it there, just making the shadows of the nose more bold.

Now, highlights! You take the lightest concealer and do the same thing as with the darkest ones, but here:
  
Remember: your skin must look natural, you just make the face more architectural - that is what makes the make up professional. Also, add a concealer all over and under your eye so you won't look tired :) With your middle colored concealer, hide your little skin errors, you know which yourself :)
- Powder. 
You take your loose powder (faster and better than pressed) and take a soft puff applicator and start applying as if you need to scatter your face. Go little areas and not that much powder, don't a lot of powder on all your face in one step. 
- Blush. 
In the finale, you may also add a little soft blush on your cheeks and darker one - for the whines.

* Some Special Tips 
- If you want to look really gorgeous with your tone, take your soft pearl white sparkling eyeshadow, and apply it where the highlights go after you've done the steps above, especially on your cheeks, but only a little. It makes the skin look very fresh. 
- Perfect make up contains also eyebrows making (not even all over eye or mascara, as most of women are used to think), and professionals do them with the eyebrow shadow. Usually it's brown gray for eyebrows (you just apply it with an eyeshadow brush) and I also use some transparent wax to fix them on their place. Under the brows I go a little of white eyeshadows to make them more bold.


Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it, to the next posts! :)
Share:

51 comments

_funnyprincess_ said...

Amazing post. I always had problems when I was trying to do a good makeup, and now they're solved! Thanks a lot Mary!

I hope to see more posts like this one soon!

Mary said...

:) no problem! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

You've done it again Mary. :) Simply inspiring. I don't have these problems myself, because I've always been good with blending it in. Remember girls, BLEND in your makeup, you don't want anything to look splotchy. Even go a bit under your chin with blending. Some girls will look to the side or look up and there is an AWFUL line of where the makeup ended! So blend blend blend :D

_funnyprincess_ said...

Just a question. I have a pale skin tome and I'm not sure which concealer I should choose: the one with the lighter colors because it's more close to my skin colour or the darkest one, to make me look tan?
I just hate being so ''white''.

Miss M said...

Thanks so much!
You're an amazingly talented writer! This post is really well written, and Idk about others, but to me, really helpful too!

Mary said...

@funkyprincess:

first thing you need to know, is that if you want to get tan, get under the sunlight or use bronzing/auto-tanners
See, you can't make your face look tan and other skin will be pale!
Also, about the concealer: middle concealer must be your "real" skin tone, and others two have to be lighter and darker than your face to make it architectural.

@LauraJane: you're totally right! also, the point is to use the right colors, so you won't need to blend the skin so it turns red lol.

Colleenballeen said...

Wow! I love it xD

Ever thought of making Make-up&Hair tutorials?

Sanam said...

Great tips,definately something i will be doing when i get ready 2 go to school tomorrow.Thanks mary :).Ox

stopandstarestyle.blogspot.com - visit :)

_funnyprincess_ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
_funnyprincess_ said...

You're right. It wouldn't look very natural to have a tan face and the rest of my body pale.

You're really good at this. Thanks you so much. I'll try to do the makeup has you say in the post, I bet my face will look a lot better than now! :)

I would love to see more makeup and fashion tutorials. You have talent for this.
x

Anonymous said...

Oh also girls!, you might not need makeup if you don't have any skin blemishes. Putting makeup on your skin when it is blemish free MIGHT cause it to break out. :(

peace_oglory said...

That was awsome, Mary! Thank you! :D I'm a lot older than you are but I didn't know about those highlight tricks.

Nadia/thegorgusgirl said...

Good tips!
The number of girls in my school who have an orange face and white neck... :|
Lost count.

SdoreMe/Ayumi said...

Thanks Mary for the post :) I'm sure it was helpful to a lot of girls ^^

I think it would be even more better if you highlighted and contoured the face with photoshop :)

nicole24-7 said...

Cool :)
I love doing my makeup really bizarre and stuff, but in public I keep it to a minimal :p
I totally agree, less is more! I just use a little bit of concealer in my problem areas and eyeshadow. These are good tips for people who need that makeup help :D

nicole24-7 said...

@lauriajane
Yeah, I agree. If you don't have any problems, there's no need for concealer :)
And odds are, it will just make things worse :/
That's why young kids shouldn't use makeup

Melissakuh said...

You did it again! Thanks so much for the tips! I will definately be using them!

And you're totally right about the Less is more thing. It's a sentence I always say. lol

Anonymous said...

@nicole24-7

Well I think it just depends on your skin, not your age necessarily. Some people get acne at different times, but I think that young girls shouldn't wear foundation and such if they haven't even gotten any blemishes on there face! I understand the need to feel older, but that can be attained with clear mascara and a little eyeliner. I admit I even used to go overboard!

MadWorld said...

I'll try it straight away lol

CorkyH said...

Oooohhh very cool

E said...

It's great post Mary! I dont wear make-up, but most girls in my class do and some of them are really awful. If i put on some make-up ,then i will do it, just like you wrote ;)!

Evita.Sweet said...

:) Thank you!
Post was amazing.
It will be usefull when i start putting on makeup. :D

Someone said...

How profesional could you get more than that?!!
omg you're a legend as i said..rare one.
loved the topic , ofcourse won't use , but i simpley thing every single girl should read things like that , they always miss everything up..i hate when they miss theirselves with Powders :SS
thank god a girl agrees me with this. ;) go on and keep it up.

Unknown said...

Amazing post and great tips. I'm sure I'll try them ^^

Mailgirl101 said...

I have actually always wanted to be a make-up designer for models,when I grow up.
But I don't think I will ever ceome one.
Great post!

Pandora J ♥ said...

Amazing post! I loved it,but I don't have much make up,so I just use the one I have... :]

dl.eclipse

xRawrness. said...

It's a amazing post! Could you do a fake lash/smokey eye tutorial next time?

Anonymous said...

You sounded very professional :D
I didn't understand most od the things without a dictionary :D haha, :'')

anyways, thank you, very good tips :p

l0nelly said...

OMG

THAT'S REALLY USEFUL AND AMAZING

THAAAAAAAAANK U :)

FatimaaaaaL said...

thanx a lot!! Im going to use this way, really greaT!!!
kEEP UP WITH THE GREAT POSTS!!

XxX~KUTE_FATI

Anonymous said...

Thanks So Much, I Always Have A Problem, and Apply Way To Much Foundation To Cover My Skin, I End Up Looking Like A Walking MakeUp Counter :)

Exxa13

Maddy/maddy65 said...

Great post!:)
I'll remember that if I ever start to wear makeup! A few girls at my school definitely need to read this :P

Chicago3 said...

Love the tips, if I ever decide to start wearing make-up I will do this! Oh, and just to let you know, using a foundation brush for concealer and foundation is better than a sponge because the sponge eats away your make-up!

P.S. Loved how you showed us on your medoll!

Kylie/missricopenguin said...

Your fantastic at tutorials Mary! Loved it, except I don't wear makeup very often.

You should do a graphics tutorial next :D.
x

Nathalia said...

I really love it!

kashka_luv said...

Great Post, I am sure I will take up some of your tips with highlighting.

For spots I generally apply concealer before putting on foundation so that they are covered up better.

and lol I think its funny when people don't blend into their neck, I am so conscious about it!(and haven't got caught wearing makeup at school for 4 years, so think I do a good job:P)

Wenqi said...

cool tips!

Emorox4eva/Jenna said...

So far I have a really good natural complexion, so I don't wear any foundation , concealer or base. *crosses fingers*

but great for tips. I see many that have make up issues like u talk about.

Anonymous said...

I am a guy, so I probably won't use this :)
But, I liked that you used a MeDoll to demonstrate. Very creative :D
Hope to see more from you Mary!

Cherri Blossom said...

wonderful post this make up can help u with stardoll and real life very clever!!

cookie9988 said...

Amazing post. Thanks for the tips.
xoxo
Lissie

lady__gagaa said...

great tips, although i don't have make-up problems :) i like your posts very much, looking forward to more :]

lady__gagaa

Kirbybabey said...

Great post!!
Tankss, but i dont wear makeupp lol x

Anónimo said...

great post! keep the great job! u should post more about this stuff, it's really helpfull

dieBrInI06 said...

A very big thanks :)
I've just tried it and it looks awesome!

Ooglefish said...

Really good post - especially helpful for those just starting out with make-up or those who love to experiment with new looks!
Just one thing though - i noticed mary's response to funnyprincess about getting a tan and advising her to get out in the sun or use a bronzing/auto tanner, is this the same thing as a sunbed?! Because if it is, i don't see this as good advice at all - everyone knows the danger of this in relation to skin cancer and there is no way we should advise young girls to do either of these! Just find an amazing self-tanning spray or lotion that looks fab and not orange, lol! They are out there!

Mary said...

@Ooglefish - Auto-tanner is actually a tanning lotion :D I never recommend sunbeds, because I know how harmful they are.

Rab92 said...

I Like How You Used Your Medoll For To Be The Model Lol.

I Might Be Gay, But I Prefer A Natural Girl That Knows She Doesn`t Need A Lot Of Makeup. Some People Don`t Even Give Themselfs A Chance A Being Natural & Rely On Makeup All The Time.

Rab92.

Lea said...

I like this make up, simple..but great tips..

Ooglefish said...

@mary...thank you for letting me know about the auto-tanner, i just wasn't sure but it's all cool! :)

No-one in particular said...

Very nice tips(:
Thanks for this post Mary :D

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig