Sunday, December 6, 2009

How To: Stand Out With Some Of Starplaza's Newest Creations

In this "How To" Segment, I will show you how to stand out while using some of Stardoll's newly released items. In the following five steps, you will learn how to create a vision once you see and item; and you will learn how to execute that vision.

Step 1: Build Around 1 Item - Don't try to put all of your favorite pieces together and hope it works. Find one item that will be the centerpiece of your outfit. Then you must work to compliment that item and use it in your own personal way

Step 2: Recreate Illusions - In my example above, I used the Lace Bib Necklace to recreate the look of a leopard print that I had in the skirt. This helps tie all of the items in your ensemble together into one unit.

Step 3: Simplicity Can Add Excitement - Over accessorising can take away from the beauty of a look. With so many girls trying to be different, it is sometimes refreshing to see a simple look where the item isn't overdone.

Step 4: Trick Your Medoll Into Looking Taller - High Waisted pants, well tailored blazers and high heels can give your medoll more height. Since everyone is given the same height on Stardoll, you can stand out effortlessly with a taller sillhouette.

Step 5: Use Assymetry - When maturing in style, you can find beauty and balance in assymetry. In my example, I used asymetry in the hat, top and skirt. This helps add the principle of design, balance, that can give you a look of perfection.

I hope you enjoyed the outfits and can use these steps when putting your new outfits together. Remember that when you see a new item in Starplaza, thousands of girls are looking at that same item and thinking of ways they could use it. Standing out with these items will help you get noticed and will help you become the fashionista that you aspire to be.

Share:

24 comments

Caroline said...

Good post. Well written and quite interesting. I think it would be better if you posted the pictures next to where you're writing so that we don't keep having to scroll up to find out what you're on about.

Caroline [crazycaz07]
x.

Ameena said...

Good post! I agree with Caroline thought, I would be good to put the pictures next to the writing :)

amelenia
x

Daisy April Smith said...

I LOVE the oufits .. OMG they are so cutteeeee <33
I really like this idea, and you should do it more often. Like make non-ss and ss outifts (:

THANKS x

Tiina--- said...

Cool! I love how u use black and white, always stylish :)

Some outfits could use some color though (I'm not trying to be rude..:P) x

Melissakuh said...

Very good post, you gave great advice! And your advice is very correct, people will be able to use this information in a good way! ;)

And I also agree with Caroline, if you can just scroll down, it's much easier. But that's a mistake you won't make anymore. So work on that, and it will be fine! ;)

xxxxxqueenxxxxx said...

Awesome post!
And, I love the outfits :]
Good luck in the competition!

Athena said...

Nice !

-Trulove's - said...

Awesome post...is pretty interesting...as a Fashion Design intern as i am.. i found true advices in this post...

RihannyX said...

I like this post.=)
It's nice and you can learn from it.(whel, that is the intention of this post.xD)
And i really like step 4 - make an illusion...and the outfit is great to! =D

Anonymous said...

I really love ur post, they're full of great tricks :)
but i don't like most of ur outfits,, sorry :s

katara4 said...

cool post ^.^
i really lvoe the outfits... my favs are the first two ones

Kamila :3 said...

Very cool post.
Nice creations and visions.
I love vision 2and4.

Sarah_Sugerplum said...

i like your posts alot..but they all seem to be about creating outfits :S

BrunoExclusive said...

Nice alfects but some are just not standing ou

Sophia said...

Cool ! I love the outfits ;)

sd_is_da_best / Sinead said...

Brilliant outfits and descriptions!
Can't wait for the next post.

pinkpoppy212 said...

I think this was a great fashion article with good advice. Plus the leopard print skirt with lace bib outfit was pretty cute.

Mihaela said...

Very good post!!
I love your outfits!
:P

Michelle said...

LOOOOOOOOVE EM!!!
xoxo,
xKaboum

Rab92 said...

Firstly, I`m Loving The Second Look!
Finaly, That`s A Good Post.

Rab92.

26jen said...

Good post! I really like the outfits, esp. the 5th one!

nicole24-7 said...

These are great outfits! I really liked this post :)

I always do step 1 :p

Wenqi said...

love it!!

ADJAJA/Anna said...

The 4th outfit was VERY well executed!

And your writing style is amazing! I loved when you were talking about over-accessorizing.

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig