Friday, October 1, 2010

SFW Takeover: Feel free to grab the pitchforks...

UPDATE: Check the schedule again guys: it's 4PM GMT, not 5PM. See you tonight! 

I guess 'sorry' is a good way to start, but it's so inadequate. A lot of components of this week have let me down, namely, designers and Blogger, which has therefore let you down with delays, setbacks and no shows. Our problems have damaged the polished plans we had waiting for you. You deserve to know the extent of it:

 - Allure Magazine pulled out due to the graphics designer producing work that was not at all related to what the owner specified.

 - Amazon Tigers pulled out as the owner hadn't the time to create the collection.

 - Ribbon was pushed back due to the graphics designer not completing the tasks, and a replacement having to be found.

 - vaniTEEN was pushed back due to the magazine not being complete on time.

Despite my confirming all components in weeks prior to the event, these have still occured, and like you all, I'm extremely disappointed. And due to my computer deciding it wasn't going to let Blogger upload pictures during the week, delays have been frequent. I would like to apologise profusely, and thank you all for having patience with us and especially to Charlotte and Christina for helping me keep everything together [including my sanity!]

But, onto less self-piteous news. We have managed to salvage much of the week, and tomorrow, starting at 4pm GMT, will be our FASHION FIESTA! A complete pile up of magazines and collections, along with our highly anticipated surprise element!



Just as a little disclaimer: I shall be uploading all the work I have tonight, in order to escape delays where possible, but as we rely heavily on external forces, ie. designers, internet collection, we cannot promise everything will be out on time or at all. Yeah, it's a cop out, but what can I say? I'm feeling the wrath right now :D

On Sunday, we have the release of Eternity Magazine, along with an announcement concerning it [surprises, surprises..]. Afterwards, we shall announce the winners of our LOTTERY [tee shirt tickets on sale in Starbazaar at the SFW account FashionWeekSD [HERE] now until the end of Saturday] and SCENERY COMPETITION [Make a couture fashion show themed scenery and report your entry to me, Psychotic-Freak [HERE] by the end of Saturday]. Then afterwards, we hold the first non cookie-cutter Stardoll awards shows ever: The SFW Excellence Awards 2010!! But more on that later.

Resident design star Marcela has been getting a LOT of props for her new Candy collection, But there are a few other designers that shouldn't be forgotten, as they too have created some dazzling work! Heres this week's selection from each, available until Sunday:

The first plaid style piece by catlover103 [HERE]. It's got colours that are SOO in right now, and I for one am gonna be stocking up on her crop top and leggings prints! But if these colours aren't for you, then come back over the next few weeks, she's making them in all sorts of colours! You can find the ones to come in her suite right now!


sparklewand12 [HERE] has created a load of incredible patterns ready to sell out for five weeks, one print per week. This week her uniquely named Harbour print in a zany hue and juicy print is so divine I'm snapping up the lot! And stay tuned, she has a whole variety of divine prints to come, so check back for more. You know you want to ;)


This print is so divine I actually am considering having the fabric commissioned in real life! A fusion of juicy hues in an eclectic linear print, kxcatarinaxk [HERE] has really done so well here. It comes in a halter dress and in the leggings, both of which I now proudly own, and you should too. Bruno's collection is inspired by Asian and Morrocan culture, with lots of ethnic warm prints to come, so stay tuned, folks!


hay_lin75 [HERE] has followed a candy colour theme in ways herself, focussing on pastel kaleidescope prints with tangy contrasts, it's simply delicious! This week her pastel pink base is sprinkled with cartwheeling patterns in pinks, blues, purples and hints of yellow. It shrieks springtime, so run and grab one! I know I am.


Remember, these are only around until Sunday, then new prints will be out from them all, so if you want one, better hurry!

Our S/S'11 fashion shows have been amazing this week, and the designers deserve mad props. Having done a line or two myself, I can vouch for the fact that it is NOT easy. So we have got a stash of awards waiting to be handed out to the deserving! Our amazing judges are: Charlotte [N1mka4eva], Christina [GothRibbon], myself [Psychotic-Freak], Baya [EliteNews], Jenna [emorox4eva], Mel [bluegreen86], Emma [mysecketlover], Phi [Phii_x] and Cassandra [ad.astra]! And we have plenty of awards up for grabs:

 - Best Starbazaar Collection
Marcela wasn't our only design queen this week, and this award crowns our fave.

 - Must Have Item Award
A lot of items have been singled out this week as 'stunning' or 'original', and we want to highlight the best one.

 - Best Newcomer
We've had a lot of newbies to the design scene this week, so who made the biggest bang into the Stardoll world?

 - Most Original
Maybe it wasn't the best thing out there, but we salute those who thought outside the pixelated box.

 - Most Daring
Risque chic is our specialty on Stardoll, but who really went all out to shock and stun?

 - Best Makeup
Every part of a catwalk show is pungent with the vibe of the collection, and makeup is no insignificant factor. Who really wowed?

 - Instantly Bankrupt Award
We all had a collection we would spend every single penny to get every item of. Which one collection had our panel rootling around under the sofa cushions?

 - Outstanding Achievement Award
We had a lot of repeat offenders in this show, people doing so many different things to revolutionise the Stardoll world during the biggest week in our year. Who deserves recognition for working their ass off?

And last, but certaintly not least:
 - The Peoples Choice Awards
This award probably means the most. A poll will be out on the SFW site [HERE] after our final collection has released, and you can all vote for your favourite collection of the whole week. And along with the recognition, the winner gets 50 stardollars and a feature in E, in our special SFW spread! It shows who gained the love of the Stardoll world for their hard work. So start thinking about who you'll crown - you only have 24 hours to decide!

So, we apologise for all our mistakes, but can we make up for it? We hope so, and we'll see you at the Fashion Fiesta party tomorrow at 4PM GMT, for the penultimate day of Stardoll Fashion Week!

Becka
Share:

34 comments

Anonymous said...

Awesome sounds good! And don't worry- it must be hard- I give you props for being able to handle all of this!

iloveanimals28 said...

Same! Be and stay strong! Thanks for the updates, and those designs are simple, yet cool!

Carolyn (LonnaLang) said...

No problem, it must be teribly difficult running the first Stardoll Fashion Week! This is only the first, perhaps next year will go as smoothly as you planned. ;)

Hope to make it to the Party Tomorrow...I'll be busy tomorrow night, but I don't know what timezone you meant. Heheh! If I can't make it, then good luck! And I'm sorry I couldn't be there!!!

Maddy/maddy65 said...

Don't freak out about it- your doing a tremendous job! Keep it up! I can't wait for tomorrow :)

sarah // blueberry-dream said...

Sounds good, we're here to support you :) And hopefully I'll make it tomorrow just for the surprise, but I'm sure I'll be there on Sunday, it's worth staying up at 2 AM just for that, I wanna be at the Eternity release since I"m a part of the team :D

Anonymous said...

the surprise is probably a collection by Wooldoor

Erin said...

It's no big deal! This is the first ever SFW, so it's been so great and exiting that even without a few magazines and collections, it's still been great!

Thanks for highlighting some designs! I look forward to the remaining 4 weeks, and of course, the awards!

Anonymous said...

don't worry you're doing an amazing job considering how hard it is to organize all of this C:!

Pink_Lover786 said...

Sounds good too mee!:)

Teo / Botsy_pink said...

Awesome :)
I really wish to be at the party but I have a real party :D

--rihanna---- said...

these designs r soogorgeous uffffffff

Princess__17 said...

I like the first design the most. I might buy some. Thanks for the updates!

Miss M said...

Hey, don't worry about it! You've still managed to wow us with your amazing collections, so congrats to you, your team and both the Starbazaar designers and Collection designers! Can't wait for the awards!

Mailgirl101 said...

I like hay_lin75 's pattern the best. It's just he best... and it's cute. I think that someone put in a lot of work in it.

Toni said...

Sound really awesome! I can't wait for more designs ;D

Flavia. said...

Great! I like this patterns those girls have working hard so congrats:]
I'm waiting!

Cutiepie80 said...

Wow :D I ♥ Hay_lin75's pattern,I bought a dress! I'll try to be there But I think I'll miss it :'[ And all the brilliant line ups you have *sigh*

sd_is_da_best / Sinead said...

Wow, you have a lot on your plate and you should have a job in marketing, the way you described all those prints makes me want to buy them all right now!

lacestockings/Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mihaela said...

Ohh.Great.Sounds great!
It's okaii,today will be more interesting ;D

I'm not sure I will be able to come to the party :(

lacestockings/Mary said...

Don't worry :]
You are a doing a great job ;D
I don't think that there is a better way to handle this :P

Romana/Romana.Dawn said...

AWESOME:)

Still doing great but said...

Becka, SFW isn't what I expected. Sorry, but there was the build up which made it seem amazing, and then when the actual time came, it wasn't the same. You've done a good job though!

JessicaVianaზ' said...

I love the candy colors theme :)

Lea said...

can't wait to see the winner,the a ll finalist doing a great job, hope the best will win.

callunlover123 said...

I can't wait!
Despite the delays and whatnot, Stardoll Fashion Week has still turned out to be a success, and I can't wait for the final projects - they're sure to be worth the wait.

lady__gagaa said...

Wow, a lot of information! It all sounds good, I'll try to attend the parties :]

lady__gagaa

Iovanca said...

i was at every party this week and i will come Saturday night too and i hope i can make it Sunday too

this is my fav stardoll thing so far :)

No-one in particular said...

awesome ;3

Lettie97 said...

Pwetty :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks to updates ... I like that designs, the 1st one the most :))

newborn_vamp09 said...

Awesome, I will attend the party!!! This is amazing!!! I would love to see the awards.

Anonymous said...

Wow its amazing!

QT_Yaz said...

i like the first two designss

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig