Sunday, March 31, 2019

Tress Up: Designer's Versions vs. Tress Up

Hello everyone!

      I'm Regina, I'm a new writer for this wonderful blog. I've been part of this wonderful community since a few years ago, but I started being active a few months.
I write in my own blog, also I collaborate in Alex's blog, so maybe some have seen some of my posts.
So this will be my first post, and I hope you like it.

      Today I want to compare the original versions of the recent collection of Tress Up, and give a short opinion about them, and of course, you are free to give yours. Because I think everyone has to say something about this collection.
First of all, we have a tiny picture of the winners of this SNTAH number 5. So, I was searching in each winners suite to find a high quality image for you to see all the details.

Also, I want to compare the Tress Up wigs with you, because everyone has different shape of the face.

      The 1st and 2nd place winners are WTP and laurynLaHavas:


  WTP's wig with fantastic and long curls, gives a messy look. She made this exclusive wig for SNTAH, and she luckily won. I think the color is perfect, the shades and highlights make it look very realistic. However, if you compare it to the Tress Up version it looks totally different. I think the wig needed more shadows, and more details. The Tress Up version looks like it was made with poor graphics, because it doesn't look like hair.
  
laurynLaHavas' wig with this wonderful green tone, really captures your attention, because it's big and so cute. This original version is totally perfect, because it has every perfect shade and highlight. The color is on trend, and I'm pretty sure that everyone these days loves neon colors for hair. The Tress Up version wasn't bad. The shadows are nice as are the highlights. The curls are detailed and its length is perfect. To be honest, I like the way that you can use double earrings and not individual. Also, you can use glasses perfectly.


     The winners of the 3rd and 4th place are missnnokinhas and our SMW member popotje:


   missnnokinhas' wig is totally cute and elegant. It has perfect shades. It has some tones of black for this brown wig, and have some highlights. I think it has the perfect shine and it looks very realistic. On the other hand, the Tress Up version looks totally different. While it is still nice, it gives a square appearance to the forehead which makes it look weird. It's supposed to be rounded, not square. I also think it needs more shadows.
   popotje's wig is one that took my soul. It's totally beautiful, the color, the curls and the messy details makes it realistic. I love the tones of blue and green which give it a cute and fresh look. Unfortunately, the Tress Up version looks quite different.  It doesn't have the perfect shinny details and the blue and green details are almost invisible. I also think it needed to be longer. She posted a picture of her new wig in comments a long time ago, and we probably almost all liked that!

     The winners of the 5th and 6th place are NixieSue and VioletaSare:


   NixieSue's wig is very realistic with this shades and highlights. It gives a messy look and is very pretty in my opinion. It gives an androgynous look and is short enough for me. I like the white details and the hair in the face, but compared with the Tress Up version, it's pure gold. I think the Tress Up version is totally poor. They just give the front part of the wig, so when you put it on your doll, it looks incomplete. So for those who bought the wig, they have to create the back part for the wig, so it can look complete. Also, the details they give are totally out of mind, it need darker tones and that could be perfect. The best thing about it is the cheap price.

   VioletaSare's wig is another of the favs for some, because of the neon colors it has. I truly like the variations of colors on it and the messy style.  The colors are perfectly mixed. It's original and beautiful, but compared with the Tress Up version I think that it is not well made and it's messy. The color tones are weird, not neon, just fake. They also forgot the shinny lights it has. I'm totally disappointed with this results.

     The winners of the 7th and 8th place are ladymariahgirl and MARAL_MARSHALL:



   ladymariahgirl's wig is totally pure and simple. It's straight, shinny and very long. It's also realistic and well made. This designer is one of the favorites of many users. I like many of her designs, and I'm pretty sure that you probably like one of them too. Brown or light brown wigs are not as popular as blonde, black, neon and red wigs, but I think this is pretty one. But let's compare it with the Tress Up version. It looks very pretty, it doesn't need shadows, but totally deserved the shinny detail. I like it, I truly like it. It's one of my favorites in this collection, but I'm not sure if it is for me... or should I try it?

   MARAL_MARSHALL's wig is a very creative wig. This designer is another popular designer, and the details are very realistic. This beautiful wig looks so nice, I can't believe this wig is real. The most disappointing thing is that the Tress Up version is totally a mess. They forgot to give the best details of the wig, the shadows, the highlights, more messy hairs, etc. I don't know, but I think they should have made it better or used another one. What do you think?

     And finally, the winners of the 9th and 10th place are Chanye and LadyBabyFace:



   Chayne's wig caught my attention too. This beautiful and shiny hair is kind of curly and it reminds me of how my hair use to look a few months ago, before I cut my hair. Anyway, this is well designed with it's shiny details and messy hairs. The Tress Up version is very similar. It's just that the shiny details are so soft. I think it looks very good with other colors like blonde or brown.

   LadyBabyFace's wig is a wonderful blonde wig. The design is nice. The highlights and shadows are not shiny, but they're kind of messy. However, the Tress Up version is totally a mess x2. I think it is more messy than it should be. There are no shadows, highlights or very marked messy hairs. I don't like this version at all. I think it is totally poor graphics compared with the rest of the collection.

     Now, you know a little bit of my opinion, what about you? Did you like one or more of them? I really want to see how they look on you. Please post a picture below or you can also post your picture in Jenna's Post so we can see how you styled them.


See you next time! Bye bye ♥

- Regina ♥
Share:

No comments

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig