Monday, August 2, 2010

Stardoll Fashion Week Take Over - Day 1.

Hello and welcome! Mary is posting here with the 'Backstage Diaries by M' within Stardoll's Most Wanted SFW Take Over 2010! Want to introduce the project first!


Stardoll Fashion Week was launched in July, 2010 by Fashion Group and the first show - just like in the reality - will take part in the end of September and will show Stardoll designers' Spring-Summer'2011 collections. The main idea of it is that anyone, who can draw good, and - even more possibilities here! - can make Stardoll graphics - can take part, and his/her designs can even be selling in Starplaza! I've sent a mail to Stardoll and they gave me an email adress of their creative director, so now I talk with them through mail! I hope they will consider our ideas, (but knowing Stardoll...) even if not - attempts are never wrong and we will still get a lot! Imagine, all the Stardoll magazines are using your own brand, not only Chanel, Dior, Louis Vuitton... So, if you think you have a potential, what are you waiting for? Click here to participate!
Also - here you have time only till Saturday - if you have a blog or a project, you can register as one of the media partners and your logo will be on a spoiler and SFW official site! Click here to sign up here, too.

And so, back to the Backstage! I will tell you all the inside scoop of  the SFW and it will look like a diary of me here. Let's start?

Last three days were a huge step up for us. So much media partners! We have now 10 designers - means 10 clothing lines on the show already. Have I mentioned we're accepting applies till 15th of August? So, I am one of the designers too. I am now thinking how to go with a name here, though  I like 'seventy one'. Well, I was born on the numbers like that :) I love the simplicity of Egle's and Ellen's line, called 'Fantasy Couture'. Also, I've seen Dioguardi Couture outfit No 1 - graphics are impressive! Pretty fun, but Anthony and Manolo like to go annoying sometimes. You know, Anthony is like a total nerved kid ahah :) He is fun! But we've decided not to talk often so we wont bite each other! That's how it works with different groups! Dress of my design will be on the spoiler on Sunday. Yes! Here and only, I'll first introduce an SFW spoiler and give you a hint to my collection, as long as I don't want to give out the designs of other designers.
But you know, sometimes not everything is so organized! I accidentally sent a song to the chat of Christina and Becka - two my greatest in the world assistants and Charlie - the editor-in-chief of Eternity Magazine. Guess what? If you've seen the Skype status of Charlie with 'Indecision is annoying!" - its' from a famous Tiesto's Song 'Escape Me' . That's the part when we had fun chatting a lot f hours about music. How I went to sleep?
Duh!
[01.08.2010 22:29:42] Chachi: yeah :D but the girl, imagine how sad she would have been cause... tiestoo :D
[01.08.2010 22:29:52] Mary: escaped her? :D
[01.08.2010 22:30:25] Chachi: yes :D
[01.08.2010 22:30:34] Chachi: I'm still lisening to that btw 8-)
[01.08.2010 22:30:42] Mary: :D
[01.08.2010 22:34:26] Mary: I am 'escaping you'
[01.08.2010 22:34:30] Mary: with my bed
[01.08.2010 22:34:35] Mary: :D
[01.08.2010 22:34:36] Chachi: :O
[01.08.2010 22:34:39] Chachi: how dare you :D
[01.08.2010 22:34:54] Mary: ahahah you didn't 'take me to the bar..'
[01.08.2010 22:35:04] Chachi: your 'indecision is annoying...'
[01.08.2010 22:35:38] Mary: ahahah
[01.08.2010 22:35:39] Mary: okay
[01.08.2010 22:35:46] Mary: have fun with 'bottles under tiresss'
[01.08.2010 22:35:55] Mary: 'forget about friend, she is gone to bed!'
[01.08.2010 22:36:01] Chachi: (rofl)
Who will listen to the song, will get everything what was said last night, and oh my oh God, Charlie sent to me an inspiration for the runway show. She never allowed me to show the pic of her with a WILD make up and lips on a half of the face and blue eyeshadow on the other part. She is begging me not to post the photo and I have to give up that idea, but I would still love to post it somewhere ahah  :D Friends are friends!

On the other news, I will send you an exclusive right now.
This is what I send to all the designers to make their own runway. I care about their creativity level and I want them ro express themselfs as much as possible, so here's the runway mockup.
Designers can use any decoration their imagination will come up with - you can check it when you zoom in the picture! And how would you decorate it?

SFW official site.

-xxMary
Share:

65 comments

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I am sure this is going to be a great success, I would desing it with neutral colors but with lots of textures like sparkles or fur idk lol! Awesome!

Maddy/maddy65 said...

Wow, that is going to be an amazing project! :DD
If I was to design some kind of runway, I would use sparkles & glitter :D

私には said...

Amazing :']

Diva6723 said...

Fantastic! I love this idea, I design myself but I can't do it on the computer due to my lack of programs :P
I might get a friend to help though...amazing idea though :)

Mary said...

btw for those who are interested, I sell photoshop cs4 for PC, 300 SD, for those who will attend FAU courses of Graphics design - 200SD

Anonymous said...

@Mary
So for the whole graphic design course it's 200sd? And do you HAVE to have Skype?

Nalco said...

This sound really good, I'll take it like a challenge for me and I'll try to improve my design skills.
I really love flowers ao I would put some there.

daloita said...

: O I love the idea: P I'll do my best in the graphics

Mary said...

@Alice, no the course costs 250SD and yes you have to have SKype. But if you don't have photoshop and decided to attend the course, I will sell it for 200Sd, if you won't attend FAU , then photoshop itself for 300SD

MissLotsaSmiles said...

Sounds like it's going to be a huge success! I can't wait to see what the designers come up with :)

Mailgirl101 said...

Sounds great! :))

Anonymous said...

Wow, this will be an amazing success. I love the ideas! I'm excited for your next post, Mary (:

JessicaVianaზ' said...

Amazing idea (:

By the way, it sound a little complicated for who's a begginer in graphics, I'll try my best :3

Anonymous said...

Ooh. I would love to have Photoshop CS4.

Gabby1822 (Henna) said...

This is so incredible!!!! I've already said this so many times,but I am so EXCITED!!!!!!

Heart Newbridge said...

Haha that is awesome :D
Go M gurrl ;D

Emorox4eva/Jenna said...

Yay! I'm excited to have you guys here on the blog exclusively to SMW. I can't wait to see what the designer's come up with and I hope Stardoll ads them to Starplaza.

Crystal said...

This is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

WTF did you just say? I have no idea. You should learn how to write first.

coolgirl_1412 said...

It is amazing project

Shahad xoxo

Lizzy1414 said...

That's so cool! Can't wait to se all of the amazing things that people design. I'm still trying to figure out all the tricks to graphics. I hope that some talented people try out! I love this kind of stuff!! (:

rubyann said...

thats a great idea!

Samantha Tyler said...

Wow, sounds exciting ! I can't wait to watch the designs and I hope Stardoll would make a move !
I will see if I can cover the event as a journalist, to publicize it.

HausOfGossip said...

OMG! So many designers! Including Mary! I'm really looking forward to this event!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm very curious to see it and I hope that Stardoll designer will take your ideas! :)

Marie Riverwing/rralucaa1996 said...

This sounds pretty exciting .

Anonymous said...

@Mary: i think its ILLEGAL to sell any version of photoshop. and why not give your courses for free?

Jule ♥ said...

i think this will be an fantastic project :)
and i love the idea :D

Flavia. said...

AMAZING project, one of the best!
Is going to be a huge succes:x

Romana/Romana.Dawn said...

really amazing!!!!

Júlia said...

amazing :)

l0nelly said...

wow
perfect idea

:)

Anonymous said...

Haha, I remember when we started to talk about that song xD
Its great song, btw :)

GothRibbon

Abbie. said...

Can't wait.

sahar-star said...

wow it's such a great idea I'd love to see how creative people can get! ;D

Anonymous said...

Omg, its really amazing!!

Richard said...

Oh,a really big WOW xD I think it will be an AMAZING success :D GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THAT PARTECIPATE (:

Prinzessa said...

Hmm... I really really would like to attend :D I hope I have time. If you attend, do you have to do an entire collection, or can it be just a few pieces?

sd_is_da_best / Sinead said...

I love this project and all this backstage stuff is really interesting, can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's gonne be amazing!

No-one in particular said...

Wow, sounds awesome ;D

FabuleuxChique said...

This sounds very BIG and i think its going to be an huge success !!

Lea said...

Wow great... Love this idea...

rihannaPINK said...

Woow :) amazing , this project sound pretty exciting::x

Ameena said...

I have photoshop CS4 for mac, so I'll might enter :] although I haven't done that much graphics. that might be a slight problem lol...

Sounds like an Amazing project! Who knows, we might see some hidden talent?!

amelenia
x

Dloo3t almama said...

WOow .. it's a great idea ..I can't wait to see this event!!!
good luck =)

Anonymous said...

Have you seen it?!Calie.Stardoll is a covergirl!

♥Petra/Shakira_Avril said...

Wow,thats so amazing :O
I hope Stardoll accepts it ;D

Blahm3 said...

Thats gonna be cool :O

Miss M said...

Awesome!
This seems a definite success.
Good Luck!

pRiNcEssCRaZy46/Rana said...

Cool, I can't wait to see! This should be fun. :D

JessicaVianaზ' said...

@Nadine Tab: Instead of buying an expensive photoshop like Photoshop CS4 and even pay the updates (which are super expensive, and frequents) you can LEGGALLY download a portable version of Photoshop CS4 which means it's leggally free and you don't need to install it on your pc ans also you can put it in a pen and open it in any other computer. I did it, and it works just fine :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think you can sell photoshop or any copies. They can always download a trial for free. I only have the photoshop book, but not the cd. Wow you go to FAU Mary what's your major? I was going to go there, but may to USF has a great campus also.

It sounds like a good idea, can't wait to see what happens.^.^

~Saku

Mailgirl101 said...

Jenna, I am a good drawer, I like to draw my own designs, dresses.. but I am not a good graphic maker. I just don't make them that good.
I have a tablet and photoshop - I have drew many designs.. I am scared to make my own label Like DG.
Can someone help me what to do? Or.. can someone just make graphics for me? Thanks.

nordwalde said...

Great!! haha i am rubbish at graphics :L

Emorox4eva/Jenna said...

I just want to state for people who have concerns about piracy.

This blog has nothing to do with the selling of CS4. That is Mary's project at FAU.

Please do not discuss it in this post.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

How you can be a designer?

Eva said...

Wow. This is fabulous. It sounds really exciting and I can see that you guys have put so much effort in it. :) I can't wait to see spoilers. Btw, do you have seats like in real runway shows? :D Can I have a first-row one please? Lol, just kidding. Or not. Who knows :) xo

lil.stargurl said...

this is truly a great oppritunity for those who are very creative on graphics!

Ruth said...

It's great chance for many amazing graphic designers around, but these stardoll things are going a little 'too much' for me.
I'm rather sticking with reality than being crazy for just graphics.

friendofyou said...

Cool! Love the runway :D Can't wait to see more!

Katerina aka Dimitsuri said...

that's good idea but unfortunately for me im not good in drawings and im not a clothes designer at all, my brains didnt work in that way :) I made graphic stuff, its bad i know but i learnin
amyways
good luck to u all and i will enjoy ur works.

Melissakuh said...

A FANTASTIC idea! I really love this fashion show. It's something everyone will look forward to! I can't wait to see all the clothing lines! And I'm curious to see what Stardoll will do with it! :)

Unfortunately I can't design nor make graphics.

Gurliciousbabe said...

This project is going to be the best! So amazing! A wonderful and terrific idea SMW! Great designs!

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig