Wednesday, April 10, 2019

WOW #8


Hi y'all!

I have been a little preoccupied this week and after a day of being in a mental fog I thought it was appropriate to write a blog post.

This morning at about 10:30 at work, my coworkers and I were sitting around and talking when one of my coworker's husband text her and said that he heard an explosion not to far from him downtown. Clearly we all go a little worried and immediately got online to see if anyone knew anything. Images started coming in from bystanders and it honestly didn't even look like the area I know. As more and more started to come out, we found out that there had been a gas leak and that as a result there was an explosion at a coffee shop that had completely leveled it. The force from the explosion could be felt from blocks away, triggering what felt like an earthquake to some and shattering windows of other businesses.

When the news finally broke with what happened, a lot of us definitely felt relieved however when it came out that the owner of the coffee shop was missing, we all got back on edge. As of right now, the owner is still missing and all I can think about is "what if he doesn't come home?". I thought back to one of my favorite books from High School the Kite Runner. Here is one of my favorite quotes from this book:

“It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime...”  -Khaled Hosseini


If this isn't a book you've read, I highly recommend it. Although I've read a lot of books since then, it still stands as one of my favorites. We all have things in our life that happen in an instant and your life is forever changed, whether it be for the good and the bad. This is something I remember when making decisions. I think of what the possible outcomes and causes can be and evaluate if it is worth doing. Is it worth taking the risk? Some instances we don't have that choice.  

For that coffee shop that was destroyed, for the family, this has definitely changed the course of their lives. Do you have any moments in life where you thought, "Life is so unfair"? Were you able to turn it into a positive thing?

Let me know what you think below!
-Alex

Share:

No comments

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig