Monday, March 18, 2019

Alex's WOW #4

Hi y'all!

First off thank you all for your heartfelt comments on the last WOW, it truly meant a lot to me that you not only responded but were genuine with your responses.



These past two weekends I've went on trips with friends to kind of get away from life here. I found that when traveling, the first thing on my mind is food. It quite sad that I plan out all of my meals before planning out what we are doing.  The most interesting thing I had recently was a hearty serving of French Toast stuffed with sausage, cream cheese, and white cheddar served with a side of candied bacon. The good thing was that after eating this, I went on a difficult hike through the mountains to burn most of it off.

This morning on my way home, I stopped a restaurant and enjoyed breakfast solo. I had a Southern classic of Fried Chicken and Waffles. It was there that I decided this next post would be inspired on a quote on one of the greatest chefs to live, James Beard.

He once said, "Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard.
The James Beard foundation gives out awards annually for the best restaurants around the country. A local restaurant was nominated last year and I remember the publicity surrounding it. This restaurant is called Brewery Bhavana and is inspired by South East Asian culture and cuisine. This brings me back to the quote above. Food is a way for us to go on a trip with our mouths. Books take us away with our minds and imaginations, however a taste of a specific dish can take us to anywhere in the world. Whether it be having Jerk Chicken that takes you away to the Caribbean or having Pho that takes you to a noodle shop in Vietnam, food can help us connect in many ways.

On that note, what are you some of your favorite dishes whether they be native to your culture or is a dish that you have had while traveling! Share them below, and pictures are always welcome ;)

As always, a few of you will be gifted! Gifts are sent out before I put the next post us!

-Alex

Share:

No comments

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig