Friday, March 15, 2019

Alex's WOW #3



Hi y'all,

I'm back here with another Alex's Words of Wisdom. I want to start off with saying, my motivation for some quotes have to do what is going on in my actual life or what is going on around the world. Some of you may or may not know, but there was an attack on Muslims yesterday in New Zealand. Although I am not Muslim, I do have friends who are. Where I live in the States, there is a definitely a large diverse group of people. There are multiple races, religions, creeds, and nationalities represented here.

A few years back, we had an attack on three students from two of the local universities, one being the one I graduated from. When it was discovered that this was a Hate Crime,  I remember us all coming together as a community, regardless of religion, to make sure that they felt welcomed.  To this day, I still donate through my  University to the Our Three Winner's Foundation. 

I thought a while about what quote I wanted to choose for this post and I finally decided on the following:

"If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity" - Unknown


The world would be a boring place if we were all the same. One thing I've learned is that even if I don't agree with what everything someone has to say, I can at least understand and respectably disagree with them. Things such as what happened yesterday always reminds me that the little petty things don't matter. 

I'm not necessarily sure where the conversation should go with this or if it should go anywhere at all, but let me know your thoughts below.

As always, gifts will be randomly given to those who are active.

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!
-Alex
Share:

No comments

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig