Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A short break


Dear members of the SMW Family,

I've been planning to announce my will for a while, but I think the right time has come today. X Awards was held on Sunday, I'm happy to tell you that I've won Blogger of 2015 and Stardoll's Most Wanted won Best News Blog of 2015. This couldn't have become real without YOU, my dear SMW Family. This award is your accomplishment too.

I'd like to thank my whole staff who's here to support me no matter what - JosephinaA, LadyAnneLena and Oayes for being the best and most reliable contributors I could ever wish for. Theshinystar for helping me out with creative ideas and supporting me during hard times. Crazycharmy and Modmayhem for their generous financial support regarding prizes. And at last but not least, the team of judges, katyperrycupcak, Mirdith, Miss.Privacy, and SkyKam for their great sense of criticism regarding entries.

Blogger of 2015 is the first award I've ever won in my Stardoll journey of almost 9 incredible years. I haven't been the main editor of Stardoll's Most Wanted​ for a long time, but I'm happy to know that my huge effort I've put into this site is getting widely acknowledged. I feel like I've found my right place at this blog and hopefully I'll be able to keep it running for a long time.


However - despite this great accomplishment, I had to sit down and think a little bit about my online life. I don't want to get into details about how it all escalated, but I seriously had to consider how much time I spend here, and how it affects my real life. Lately I started to feel like I'm losing my original energy and liveliness I used to put in editing the blog. A kind of creativity crisis has approached me. I've been running this site for 4 months now, overseeing every little detail, the everyday activity, how people come and people go. It's pretty time consuming and needs a lot of patience, not only when editing the blog but when you have to do the promoting yourself and handle all the social media platforms too. It's super hard to come up with the right impression.

That's why I decided to go on a short hiatus. It won't last for more than 1-2 weeks, I can assure. This means there won't be any comps starting from Thursday, however, store updates and comp results will get posted. I'll hand over the blog to the other writers to post about updates.

I'll be back with fresh ideas and comps. I just need a well-deserved break right now.
- B

Attending X Awards, wearing Vivienne Westwood styled by JosephinaA

Share:

No comments

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig