Sunday, October 3, 2010

SFW Takeover: Thats All Folks

Well, we did it. The first ever Stardoll Fashion Week is over. And to be honest? It coulda been worse ;)
I’m gonna get the bad out of the way first, because there were some negatives to the week. We had dropouts, which really irritated me. I went round last week, confirming all the shows so I knew I wouldn’t have to alter the schedule. Then, not a day in, I had a dropout. Eliza [Wooldoor] couldn’t complete her line in time, despite confirming it with me. A day later, Allure, owned by Coco [coni987] pulled out as well, since the graphics designer apparently hadn’t done the work they were assigned. So I apologise again for the last minute changes and believe me, no one was more disappointed than I was.
Then, computers failed on us. Blogger decided it wasn’t going to work with my computer, so there were infinite delays and a few people had to do my job for me in the end, which is just plain stupid and again, sorreh peeps. Luckily, I got my act together for day 6. But that wasn’t the end. One of my lines, Flawless, was having the graphics done by co owner Ciara [ciaraleanne]. But on Monday, her computer died. Literally, kaput, paws in the air, blue lips and shrivelled skin. RIP. So we called in Lily [doinker_chic] to redo, but because of an unfortunate injury to her ankle, we couldn’t get all her work. So I want to give big props to Ellen [eeleenyte10], who knocked up one of our gowns in a few hours. Great thanks to her. Hopefully, soon enough we’ll have the whole collection with you, from one of them.
A similar problem happened to Lana [forevergorgeous]. Days before the launch of Christina’s [gothribbon] line Ribbon. Her Mac went to laptop heaven, so Christina was stumped too. Another designer was found, but in the end, Ribbon didn’t go nearly as far as it should, and hopefully the lot will be out soon.
So yeah, we had our fair share of catastrophes. And then some. :) And special thanks really do need to go to Christina [gothribbon] and Charlotte [N1mka4eva] for keeping me sane, solving problems and just doing so much. ILY, Baus Faus! ;D [it’s an inside thing.. don’t ask]

But despite the bad, as weeks on Stardoll go, this wasn’t a bad one. We had the release of 5 incredible magazines, 11 fabulous couture debuts, a load of crazy parties, a lot of alcohol consumption, a birth or two [while I’m on the subject, go to Alice [Hunnigall] and Nojo [nojarama] to congratulate them on the birth of their twin girls Emlice and Becka!] and a week full of fun. It’s been crazy, but incredible. And to shut y’all up asking me, here are the winners of the night:

Scenery Winner: iovanca
Lottery Winner: Gweneee [no wonder, she bought about 95% of what we sold!]
Best Starbazaar Award: hay_lin75
Must Have Item Award: Ostentatious Platform Heels
Best Newcomer: Alice [Hunnigall] for Ostentatious
Most Original Award: V&T
Most Daring Award: Coconut Lingerie
Best Makeup Award: Ostentatious
Instantly Bankrupt Award: L’arte de Lily
Outstanding Achievement Award: Alice [Hunnigall]
Peoples Choice Award: Ostentatious
So yes, Alice pretty much dominated this week, with her surprise collection, stash of awards and birth in the middle of the finale party. And given the injury she sustained, she deserves it.

While I have a few thousand people reading, I want to take the time to highlight another person who was worthy of the outstanding achievement award. Lily worked probably harder than anyone for this week. She produced a magazine, two collections, and part of a third, before she sustained an injury herself. She’s worked her arse off, and done a lot for me as well, so I want to take this opportunity to congratulate and thank her for her dedication.

So, it’s been a week of fashion, fun, fails and foetus’s. And honestly? It’s been the most taxing, stressful thing I’ve ever done. You guys won’t know the story. I was planning to do a fashion week of my own, and was planning to get a few people involved to help promote. Literally just before I was going to mail to get Tyler involved, I read Mary’s post about there being a Stardoll Fashion Week run by FG. So we had the idea around the same time, and hers was announced, and then I was just powerless. It’s Mary, you can’t ever top it :P
So I thought about all the ideas I had for the week, and thought dammit, that’s not going to waste. So I went to Mary and asked to help out, share my ideas. The next morning, I had signed a contract to make me a part of Fashion Group. Soon after, a major portion of the week was on my shoulders, and after Mary left in early August, the full thing plopped onto me.
I need to take this chance to give MASSIVE thanks to Charlotte and Christina [Baucha and Bacost]. I make it seem like I did it all, but without them and their support, this week would have not happened. I couldn’t have done it. If you’re thinking about doing your own? DON’T. It’s impossible.

Though she may never see it, I also need to thank Mary. She took a chance on a girl she barely knew, gave her the trust to commandeer a huge project, and from there, I co own FG, after a couple of months. I owe her so much.

So, two months of constant work. Designer tantrums, neverending dilemmas, intense levels of coordination, daily worry, millions of things to do. My teachers are on the warpath, my parents have given up, my life has disappeared, I have a migraine coming and to be completely honest, right here and now, I’d have to be absolutely insane to ever, EVER do this again.



...I’m still gunna. ;D

Thats All Folks!!
Love until next time..
Becka Lavendale xxx
Share:

33 comments

Julia said...

I loved Fashion Week! It sucks about all the crap that happened, but it was well worth it [; Nice job, girls!

sarah // blueberry-dream said...

Becka I love you.
Well done!

Maddy/maddy65 said...

You did AMAZING!
Things happen, it's life. Yall pulled through and made it a success for the first time! Great job! :D

Gabby1822 (Henna) said...

You did an awesome job Becka and whoever can't realize that are idots! Congratz to you and I applaud for all your hard work cuz you especially deserve it :)

QT_Yaz said...

GOOD JOB!!

Lia Jeanine / liajm said...

You did an amazing job! congratulations!

iloveanimals28 said...

Wow! I guess you can say overall it was a success! I am so sorry how sane you were!!! You really got us all through it!

Pink_Lover786 said...

Well Done!;)
Good Job!:)

Someone said...

Best thing that've been done to stardoll now and for a big while :P

Cutiepie80 said...

Becka it was Fabulous ;D
Best Stardoll Fashion Week yet xD

Kylie/missricopenguin said...

It was amazing :D
Trust me, I really wish I had the skills to be a designer, next time maybe. xD

Anonymous said...

i find it sort of rigged that you that you didn't mention eternity in the list of projects that pulled out...
disappointing, but you wouldn't want to ruin your 'friendship' with cha-cha would you?

Flavia. said...

You did a great job!
Congrats

sd_is_da_best / Sinead said...

It was absolutely amazing, you should be soooo proud of yourself. I really do hope there's another Stardoll Fashion Week!

Miss M said...

You've done a GOOD job? Pfft. You guys crazy...? She's done an AMAZING job! I don't know how on Earth you've managed it. I think I would have given up and cancelled the event ages ago. I can imagine myself pulling my hair out and all :) Seriously though, Hun, you did a brilliant job! There were amazing collections [both in Stardesign and Exclusively!] amazing comps [congrats to winners!] and parties were a blast. You're a psychotic-freak [lol] if you're going through it all again. So good luck! And I'm thinking of releasing a Stardesign collection at the next one lol. Good Luck though!

Eszka said...

Your show was the best, amazing! Great job:D
Congratulations!

Mihaela said...

This week was amazing.We probably can`t even imagine how hard you all work for this.Congratulations to all of you who managed everything for this week.You all did an amazing job.

:D

VampireLady33 said...

you did fantastic job, and no need to be stressed or anything, we are very grateful for all you and your team, designers, magazine editor and others have given us

Princess__17 said...

Good job and congratulations! xoxo

No-one in particular said...

amazing job,
sad to see the end of this week D;
but i'm looking forward to hopefully seeing it again soon :D

great work guys(;

FancySchoolGurl said...

i didnt get to be in fashion week .. ughh i am so mad.. when is the next fashion week .

dieBrInI06 said...

Great fashion week. So sad that it's over :-(

Lemy100 said...

AMAZING JOB, becka. i'll miss sfw..

Iovanca said...

becka you did an amazing job and every collection and magazine was incredible! and the parties!! i was at every single one of them! this was incredible! congrats to everyone!

JessicaVianaზ' said...

Wow! She really dominated it! Congrats :D

dianuseeek said...

It was great week!

xoxo Dianusek

Anonymous said...

I think you forgot all the blogs that let u post and advertise all this stupid shit

QT_Yaz said...

to be honest I have no idea wat this is about. ;)

Nico / FawnLove said...

Congrats to everyone and good job for all the hard work!
Lots of love!

lady__gagaa said...

Good job :) Congrats to everyone :)

Unknown said...

Amazing job! :D

--rihanna---- said...

so many great ideas..

Lea said...

Congratz! keep going!

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig