Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stardoll Fashion Week Takeover: Assistant Diaries by Becka


Hey, I'm Becka, aka Psychotic-Freak, and I am a manager for Stardoll's Fashion Week! This is a great opportunity, and I want to thank Mary for giving me it, and Jenna for letting me post!

Who knew that jet lag could be a blessing? Thanks to a recent return from America, I am currently nocturnal, and am sleeping rarely, if at all, which is very convenient given my current job. Sound extreme? Well, thats just what the job takes! So at 2am, I turn my laptop back on, log into skype and face a barrage of messages from clients. My time is divided equally between sourcing designers and media partners, confirming details and answering the many questions the designers I deal with throw at me. Where can I get my models? Is there a limit on collection size? Can I modify the runway? and so on.. I need an automated list of preapred answers I can send through as opposed to typing out the long and laborious answers that follow for the 23rd time that day.

My first job today though: Find prospective designers for exclusive lines on Stardoll for during Fashion Week. I click through to the Hot Designers, and search every one, to find the same thing. Cartoon prints, Lady Gaga prints, and Twilight prints. All so generic! Is it a lot to ask for a little couture? Think M by Marcela or Lace.D. Do those people exist anymore? I'll have to come back to that another day..

I scroll through my To Do list, a sea of lines of text with the occasional one crossed out. Sigh. My eyes falls on one particular job for the day: Organise Face of Stardoll competition...

***

Contact Psychotic-Freak to learn more about designing for Stardoll Fashion Week, either on the catwalk or in the Starbazaar.
Share:

34 comments

JessicaVianaზ' said...

I appreciate the idea so much, let's find some talent :D

私には said...

Agreed With Tokio_Punk :D

Heart Newbridge said...

Congrats for being a SFW manager ;D

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this. [:

Gabby1822 (Henna) said...

Wow you have a lot of work to do. Good luck with everything!

Maddy/maddy65 said...

Wow, that must be a handful! You will do great! Good luck :D

daloita said...

many questions! but it is very important to know all that

Crystal said...

Wow sounds like a lot of hard work! But definitely worth it (:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like the job for me. Something to do that takes time, with something I love.
I enjoyed this post (:

Diva6723 said...

I wanted to so badly, but my graphic designer stepped out. Oh well, good luck to everyone else.

Mary said...

@Diva I know the girl who would sell her work as a graphics designer!

And also, Becka - thank you, you're fabulous at your work!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being a SWF Manager! I'm sure you're doing a great job.

Cherri Blossom said...

this is a great idea..luv reading it:)

Samantha Tyler said...

Congrats, you will have a lot of work to do but it is quite prestigious !

coolgirl_1412 said...

Enjoed readin it

Mailgirl101 said...

Good luck!
Hope this works out for you! :)

Mary M. said...

Congrats for being manager! You sound really profesional and into your job and I really loved your article so, no doubts, Mary took the right decission.

sd_is_da_best / Sinead said...

This is really interesting! I want more :P

Anonymous said...

Agree, today the day there only are people making shirt with twilight/justin bieber/disney and more..

l0nelly said...

good luck honey :)

Jule ♥ said...

i wish you good luck ;D
hope you'll find some pretty talents

Romana/Romana.Dawn said...

super idea:x

♥Petra/Shakira_Avril said...

Awws its probably hard to keep up with all that ;o
Good luck,the idea is great ;D

nordwalde said...

Congrats and good luck (:

No-one in particular said...

awesome idea ♥

EvaEclipse said... said...

EvaEclipse said...

Wow, I can't wait! Every post I get more excited :P

xo ♥

pRiNcEssCRaZy46/Rana said...

Congrats on being Manager!

friendofyou said...

Whoo! Can't wait! ;D

Miss M said...

Congrats for being able to work for SFW (:

Melissakuh said...

I totally agree, when I search through the most popular designs, you only see the same things over and over..
I wish more people would do designs like Marcela! I just bought a dress by her. It's so beautiful !

MissLotsaSmiles said...

Cool idea(:

Lea said...

Congratz.. Have a good job..!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck ;D

RachyFrank said...

I do hate all those stupid cartoon prints. Does anyone really want to wear that stuff?

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig