Monday, November 30, 2009

Is Stardoll Cheating Us Again????


Have you noticed? Stardoll has done another sneaky thing.. Tylercon just pointed out to me that the LE tag no longer displays the ranking at the bottom. The number that told you what number you were out of how many were sold. See the before and after pictures below.

Before:
After:

How do you feel about this? Do the numbers matter to you. I think it could be argued that the earlier numbers are rarer. I don't really care as much about that, but it definitely mattered how many were sold because of course an item that only had 200 would be rarer than an item that had 500 sold. It affects the amount you may get for it when re-selling..

AND THEY ARE ALSO NOW AVAILABLE TO TRY ON IN THE STARPLAZA (NOT PURCHASE)???

With the release of "duplicates" and now this, it seems like stardoll is trying to make things not so competitive on Stardoll any longer. Maybe reduce scamming/hacking for rares. Is it too little too late? I mean they basically created this monster with their lottery dresses, comps and Limited Edition collections..now they want to take it back? Well I think it is not fair to those who spent A LOT of money on LE. If they want to make a change, they should change things going forward not the past..or they should give us back our money!

Tell us what you think!
Share:

24 comments

26jen said...

I agree. Its kinda stupid. WAY too late!

emily_gurl7778 said...

It's also in Antidote.

Also-also, you can still get DKNY in search but not in the shop.

nicole24-7 said...

Well, everyone on SD should know that LE was sold to only a certain number of people, so I honestly don't think it matters much. :/
But you made a point about the price differences. What's the difference in price though?

Wenqi said...

that sucks!!i liked it better with the #'s

Heart Newbridge said...

>:[

<3

katara4 said...

i prefer the old 'nes' ;P

and what? antidote too?
omg, i got the first items... and now i could get the last o.O

anyway, i dont like this new change... ^^

ILoveWicked. said...

It's stupid!
+it won't solve anything - everyone knows :/
silly stardoll. ;D
xxx

Ameena said...

I don't like this. I mean, I don't buy LE, but this new change is just causing more arguments!

amelenia
x

BrunoExclusive said...

Stardoll is so into money and nothing else we all together should decide and don't buy ss anymore until stardoll understand

xxxxxqueenxxxxx said...

I hate their new "idea".
It's not a radical change, but I am sure that it will have some effect, when people trade their 2. collection!

lizzie1393 said...

i think it's a good idea to let others try on the LE clothes in the starplaza if they didn't get the chance to buy them, but i don't see the point in taking the stock numbers away.

Melissakuh said...

I don't really care about the numbers, I never have seen mine. I never gave any of my attention to it.
But it's clear, you don't really know if your item has more value than other LE items.
But as I'm not planning on buying or selling any LE items, I don't really care.
But it's very annoying for other people who do plan to do this!
But what can we expect more of Stardoll. I'm not surprised anymore

Cali_Beauty said...

They are indeed cheating us!

Athena said...

I dont know what to say I dont really care about it but can you excplain how they cheat us I cand understand

RihannyX said...

Stardoll is so...
confusing??!!
Would they just made up their mind??

Nadia/thegorgusgirl said...

I think if it had the numbers, it would look more LE, if you know what I mean lol,

because it looks right now like we bought the clothes in a normal shop.

Jaderiane said...

This really makes me mad..
I spent thousands on LE and Antidote.
The only reason i bought them was because there were only a limited number of items..
I sent stardoll a message and ofcourse i got a stupid rely that had nothing to to with what I ask.

I want my stock numbers back..

Anonymous said...

it's the same with Antidote...
But I like it :D but then again it makes me sad that I wouldn't be able to buy them in first place :/
But I'm not making a big deal out of it :)
But I agree it sucks that it won't show how many of those clothes were in stores- coz' they're special or they were...

Cherri Blossom said...

does it matter??

Tinkerbells -- Ada said...

My LE rouched pencil skirt is the number ONE that was sold!! Lol!! But now it doesn't matter..
Sometimes I really hate stardoll.. :/

sd_is_da_best / Sinead said...

I don't know why but I always enjoyed looking at the number people's LE were. It doesn't make much difference now... they'll probably sell 10,000 next time.

pinkpoppy212 said...

The price differences and rarity do make a difference...it's a little unfair. But I do like trying on LE in the dressing room just for fun, to see what it looks like, and I don't think that doesn't do any harm.

Anonymous said...

not that it matters now but u can't try the LE clothes or the antidote clothes anymore and the numbers are back.

Miss M said...

Its not on everyones though. Cause I went to katara4's suite and clicked on her LE and it shows the number...|n fact...it worked when I went to your suite as well Jenna...weird or what?
PwincessSara
xix

© Stardoll's Most Wanted... | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig